Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2020, 10:23 PM   #11

KLR rad is a no-go. I had my brother measure his bike before I ordered it. I am beginning to seriously doubt his measuring skills.

Exploring other possible options for a rear fit. The pusher fan (SPAL) is the perfect size but that KLR boi is too thicc (width).
Can see it is about 1/2 inch too wide (after adjusting for my lousy positioning for the photo)
Name:  klr_nogo.JPG
Views: 747
Size:  79.1 KB

In all likelihood, I will move the horn and put some other rad up front like so:
Name:  forward.JPG
Views: 771
Size:  73.8 KB

I will not be able to use my fancy pusher fan, and will have to locate a fancy puller fan. The head also needs porting. There's something to be said for velocity vs area, but this is pushing the smaller ports argument too far.
Name:  porthole.JPG
Views: 761
Size:  59.2 KB

I was going to have the frame totally stripped today and the new (rear) suspension installed but no. WHoever at Lifan had the 15mm ugga-dugga decided they were in a bad mood. I can literally lift the bike with the socket and not have the nuts break loose. My brother has a battery powered milwaukee that I will be borrowing. Throw in a little bit of my own Knipex and it's a party. We'll see how my cat continues to react to foul language.