Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #1

2020 Boom Vader Motor Mounts & 200 Mile Report

I bought my 2020 bd125-10 brand new a few months ago from venom motorsports. A lot of people were saying that the newer models of the vader have the upgraded motor mount bolts, but in my experience that is not true. They may be marked as a certain grade, but I believe its just cheap chinese metal still. I have 200 miles now on my 2020 vader and my engine bolts sheered right off. One sheered completely while riding, and the other was cross threaded so badly it was destroying the bolt, almost to the point of breaking (thank god I changed them both out). I recommend all vader owners get the two engine bolts swapped out asap for solid hardware. I went with grade 8 zinc plated bolts with nylon locking nuts. no more vibration, at any speeds! the vader runs solid now, check your engine mounts if you are experiencing a lot of vibrations!

(sheered motor mount)

secondary question: what size chain should I upgrade to? the stock chain is awfully loose, no matter how much I tighten it.

also, has anyone replaced the swingarm chain adjusters with the OEM style grom ones? curious if they would work better than the vader ones.

my next plans for the bike:
1. oil cooler
2. tune the vm22 carb, its a huge performance upgrade from the restricted stock carb, and can get more power with better tuning (i need to order jets)
3. upgrade chain and sprockets
4. klx110 handlebars
5. dirt bike throttle tube

200 miles and counting, vader running strong!