Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2020, 10:30 AM   #1

Hawk DLX vs Brozz 250

Hi all,

I've been doing much research lately on the 250 dual-sports and have narrowed down now to either the Hawk DLX or Brozz/Recon with a $2k budget max that id like to maintain.
What i have noticed as a common comparison has been between the base Hawk and the Brozz but not so much between the DLX and the Brozz.
The Motocheez has the Brozz edging out the Hawk but one of the factors is value and the comparison was done when the Brozz was $1750 and the Hawk was at around 2k. Now that the Brozz is $2k as well, this metric will probably need to change.
I'm putting up this thread in an effort to help solidify my upcoming choice but to also help others who are in the same boat.. Please feel free to comment on each metric and let me know your thoughts, thanks

EFI: Hawk DLX is EFI while Brozz/Recon are carb. I'm leaning towards EFI as although i don't mind cleaning out a carb or changing jets, its not something id like to do regularly and like the thought of EFI, no choke, start and go like my current/former street bikes, id never go back to carb for the street.
But the chinese EFI may be a cause for concern as ive read of fuel tank leaks, electronic issues and would rather not have to worry about those things, so on the fence with this one. Anyone with the DLX running into fuel pump/ecu/electronic issues or is this a non-concern?

Counterbalancing: Brozz/Recon are counterbalanced while the Hawk is not. I have read commenters say there is not much difference while some have said there is alot of difference. Leaning towards the Brozz on this factor as i will probably ride mostly on the street with some gravel roads and trails thrown in the mix when i find some. But as both bikes need to be near max limit to cruise over 55-60 is this something that gets cancelled out at the higher rpms with both bikes being buzzy? Is the counterbalancing a must have if ill be doing 70/30 street riding

Seat: Ive read that the Hawk seat sucks and that it tilts you forward to the tank. Some have resculpted the seat while others may have lowered the rear shock. Is this still the case with the DLX? Ive also read that the Brozz seat is amazingly comfortable, leaning towards the Brozz on this metric unless the DLX seat has improved or the negative reviews are overblown

Forks: both have inverted = tie

Swingarm: Brozz swingarm ive read is better.. for adjusting chain only? or is it stronger. Is this a must have or when considering that both bikes are not meant for serious off-road, does this metric matter much?

Tires: DLX and Brozz have similar 50/50 tires = tie. Recon has aggresive knobby tires. I'm fine either way

Overall build quality: I've read that the Brozz has better overall feel and build quality than the Hawk. But ive read that the DLX has some improved items, does this quality statement still hold true?

Gearing: Brozz/Recon come with 17 tooth front while DLX is 15. As ill be mostly street riding Brozz/Recon win in this category but $10 or so on the DLX to remedy this, so not a big deal

Wheels: Brozz/Recon are 19"/17" with odd size tires while DLX is 21/18 with standard size tires. DLX wins here but for the riding ill be doing, should this be a major factor or does it not matter much as ive read overall geometry between both bikes is similar

Looks: for some reason im leaning towards the DLX in this category, maybe the bigger wheels, not sure, but it seems to look beefier than the Brozz

Fuel Tank: Brozz/Recon win here with the street bike style flip-up with key insert vs DLX having dirtbike style screw on cap

Performance: this would probably go to the DLX with EFI that is always adjusted for optimum results vs carb. But overall they probably perform very similar with similar top speeds when geared the same

Support: this one will go to the Brozz/Recon as ive read Peacemotorsports warrants the bike for 1 year parts and Jeff is very easy to work with for any issues while the DLX will have 3-month parts warranty (thru Amazon purchase) and not sure how that will work if issues arise

Offroad performance: DLX wins in this category due to 21/18 wheels that should go over obstacles easier than 19/17 wheels, again with light-medium offroad work, not sure how much weight to put on this metric or how much it will matter

I hope ive covered most items of comparison and hope to receive some feedback guiding me further to the optimal choice. Thanks so much