Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2020, 08:24 AM   #9

It's Alive. Well after tearing down the rest of my carport Saturday morning i figured i'll remove the head and cylinder to get ready the install the new gasket. The gasket was damaged which explains the leak. So after waiting till about 6 pm for the mail man to deliver my gasket the mail man just flies by my house. I ran up to him when he was stopped at the next mail box and asked if he had a package for me? His replay was no. Looked at my phone and said out for delivery. He said it will probably come on a different truck. So about 7pm another truck comes down the road and stopped. Whoohoo! So i went back into the shed and started assembling. About 8:30 it starts raining. I wasn't quitting until i got her back running. About 9:00 i had the tank back on and and ready to fire her up. By this time it is pouring down raining. I turn the switch on and at the push of the button she fired up and at the same time lightening struck and BOOM!!! I swear i damn near crapped in my pants. She was purring like a lion. Got to love the sound of the cam.

So yesterday i took her out for a long ride. I really like the extra power. You can really feel it at partial throttle. When i had it apart and looked at the cylinder walls you can see the freshly honed cylinder needs a few more miles on it to wear in properly before i go full throttle. A little more time before the to speed test.

So after lunch after getting back from my morning ride I decided to get rid of the bottle neck right before the muffler. Don't know why they tapered down a 1 3/4" pipe to about 1 1/4" pipe there. Took out the saws-all and wracked it off. I had the muffler i bought from Herbie and installed it. Now i have a 1 3/4" going to a 2" exhaust. All i can say is Wow! Now i have even more power.

I'll have to take pictures when i get home today of it installed.

Now we have rain forecast for the whole week so i guess it will be a while before i'll be able to take her out again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stock exhaust.jpg (103.4 KB, 571 views)
File Type: jpg muffler.jpg (63.2 KB, 558 views)
2022 Lifan KPX250
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 05-25-2020 at 12:36 PM.