Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2020, 12:22 PM   #1

new observations of the recon

I took the recon for a short ride in the forest late yesterday afternoon and made a couple of new observations that I will need to address. ONE- I hit a hole that I didn't see a couple of times and the front suspension bottomed out pretty hard. after that I was watching closer and stood going through them and that seemed to work.
TWO- the front fender rattles, probably because they took the strut out on the 2020 models, that should be an easy fix and really isn't a big deal.
THREE- I can see that the seat is going to make an all day ride a bit of a challenge, I probably only rode an hour and when I was almost home I realized that I was near to raw where no guy wants to be raw, hopefully a little baby powder of monkey butt will solve that.
FOUR- it is still hard to get into neutral when the engine is at operating temperature and running but if I shut the engine down it goes right into neutral, I expect break in to cure that.
overall with very limited use I am still impressed with what 2 grand will buy, as the old saying goes time will tell. I will update for those who may have interest in one of the brozz bikes.