Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #1

Decision Between 3 Bikes !

Hello,

I have been reading about all the bikes on this site for the past month and have read through most of the threads and have a good understanding of the pros and cons of most of the bikes.

Its my first bike and it will be used to commute about 17 miles and takes about 30 minutes.

My three choices and not in this order are

1. TaoTao Tbr7
2. Hawk DLX EFI
3. CSC TT250

I know of course everyone knows about these bikes as they are talked about daily but I keep going back and forth. I promise i searched the threads too as well , but i didn't find exactly a straight opinion on these three head to head at this point.

The TBR was my first choice because of the styling over the original hawk and the price of course.

The Hawk DLX then peaked my interest because of the EFI mostly. I still like the looks better of the TBR and the CSC. I am somewhat mechanical but not great enough to fix everthing sometimes i can and then other times I am just annoyed i didn't have someone else do it kinda guy. So i don't know how much i should be concerned about the EFI over a CARB setup.

Last of course is the CSC , I wont lie the support side of it even though its more expensive and is a CARB does peak my interest. I know I could prob figure out most stuff from everyone on here and youtube but It would be nice to be able to have it ready to go and one number to call for support. Im not sure how much nicer if at the the counterbalanced is in these bikes but I have never had one to compare it to anyway so it might not matter much to me. Only someone who owned both could tell me i guess.

So do you think the EFI of the hawk is enough to warranty the other two CARB bikes ? I heard the DLX is kinda loud and i prefer quiet myself.

The TBR price is nice but I don't have a problem paying more either for a TT250 if there support is worth it.

Thanks hope I was clear for the most part. Thanks in advance!