Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2020, 03:09 PM   #1

I run diesel oil in my bike. Makes my bike happy!

In my owner's manual and on the maintenance-plate on my bike it calls for 15w-40 oil. I went from store to store, AutoZone, O'Reilly's, NAPA. NOBODY had 15w-40 bike oil! Pep Boys had an empty slot for some SUPER expensive Harley Davidson oil, but they were always sold out.

Finally, I went online to see what the story was. From what I read, people use multi-purpose industrial oil, DIESEL OIL. These people rode Harleys, they rode CBR600s, they rode Suzuki 750s. While a few brands were tossed around, the name I saw mentioned the most was Shell Rotella. That's supposed to be topline stuff!

So I bought a gallon of it. I emptied my bike, filled her up with some 15w-40 (I was using 10w-40 at the time, after a short period of using 5w-30 because that's what the Honda Groms used and my engine LOOKED like a Grom engine, so the parts guy talked me into it, lasted less than a day, my bike was NOT happy!) fired her up and she purred like a kitten! I NEVER heard her run that smooth before, like a well-oiled sewing machine! Everything was quieter and she SEEMED to be running cooler to boot.

If you read the back label, the Rotella IS JASO -APPROVED! It's approved for use in Japanese bikes with wet-clutches. I read that decent diesel oil is easier yo get ahold of compared to bike oil, so a lot of the Chinese bikes will run on diesel oil (technically it's industrial oil.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200402_115044.jpg (86.4 KB, 564 views)
File Type: jpg 20200402_115103.jpg (95.5 KB, 560 views)