Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2020, 05:16 PM   #1

This weekends work on RXB150

Hello,

Finally got things really cleaned up in terms of wiring neatening and removing unnecessary stuff. Some of this is a repeat from a previous post...I forgot what I had said before!

One thing I really like about the design is the gas tank. One bolt and it is off. I was able to drain the tank without disconnecting the fuel line (and having to do it the slow way) by just turning it over and funneling it back into my gas can. Just wish it was more than 1.12 gallons!

1) Cut down the oil cooler mount to eliminate the bars sticking out for the plastics. I was going to make a new mounting setup with aluminum bar and save the bracket so the plastic could be put back on, but figured...Why?...I don't plan on selling this bike.

2) Found a good location for the horn mounted on the gas tank. Easy to take off if I want for the trail.

3) Fixed my concern about the starter hot wire touching the skid plate. I put a rubber isolator around the wire and then pulled out to make some distance and wire tied the wire to the small bracket that the carb bowl drain tube goes thru.

4) Got the carb figured out...need one size larger Pilot jet. But, I may just replace with a real VM26-606 from TboltUSA using an adaptor that allows a spigot carb. https://tboltusa.com/store/tbparts-m...606-p-742.html Much better carb.

5) Fixed the wiring mess under the headlight and correctly mounted the headlight by swapping the lower bracket around so the pins fit in the fender sockets.

6) In watching a TboltUSA video it seems there should be a rubber boot covering the coil. I'll look for something that will work.

7) Put a lock-washer under wing nut that holds the seat on. The wingnut already spun off on its own with the bike idling while I was working on the carb.

8) If parked on concrete when idling the bike likes to walk backward...so needed to put a chock behind the rear wheel. It is so light!

9) Couldn't find the relay or whatever is used to make you put a brake on when starting. I have gotten used to using the foot brake, so I guess I will live with this silly feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RXB-LEFT FULL.jpg (87.6 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg RXB-RIGHT FULL.jpg (91.0 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg RXB-CLOSE UP LEFT.jpg (95.3 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg RXB-RIGHT FRONT.jpg (95.3 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg RXB-LEFT FRONT.jpg (96.3 KB, 287 views)

Orion RXB 150XL

Last edited by Goob; 03-01-2020 at 05:52 PM.