Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2020, 10:07 PM   #1

Making my RXB150 "naked"

I had to take the carb off to make some adjustments and the front plastic was just in the way. Especially getting to the carb bolt on the left side. I could only get about a sixteenth of a arc at a time with the socket wrench. The placement of the ignition coil was also in the way on the exhaust side.

I am a big fan of "less is more", so I decided to make some changes.

* removed the front plastic...why is a fake radiator shroud so popular? I'll save these un-used for if we ever sell this bike.
* loosened the coil and rotated it upward toward the gas tank for better access to the carb bolt
* took the horn off of the location by the oil cooler....it rubbed on the front fender...will find a new location for it
* This weekend I will remove the "bar/bracket" that the front plastic mounts to, that also holds the oil cooler, and remount the oil cooler with some simple aluminum bar stock.
* used quite a few zip-ties to clean up the messy wiring placement...in particular the big loop of the main harness and (I think) speedo sensor cable on the left side in front of the gas tank and the 2 plug connectors that kept falling down and getting lodged by the fork lock.

I have attached a couple of photos of the "naked" bike. This is the way it will stay. The black tank is just begging for some fun stickers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RXB150-1.jpg (88.0 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg RXB150-2.jpg (88.5 KB, 461 views)

Orion RXB 150XL