Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #1

SSR189 Wiring Diagram

Hey, does anybody have a line on an actual accurate wiring diagram for the SSR189 dirt bike(s)? I found this flabbergastingly useless thing on SSR's web site, which is all I could turn up:

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/...ng_Diagram.jpg

In addition to almost none of the wire colors indicated matching what's on this bike, it's not actually a wiring diagram. It just shows the plugs, then some magic happens, then some other plugs come out the other side of the harness. Not helpful.

A buddy of mine just bought one of these used and it is a wreck. I ain't no stranger to bikes in general, so got everything working... except the electric start. I have continuity at the plug for the starter button so I know the button works. Main fuse under the seat is not blown. The battery is good, and if I short the terminals together on the starter relay the starter motor cranks, ditto if I provide 12v to the coil plug on the relay so the relay is good. However, I get no voltage whatsoever going to the starter button, regardless of the position of the key in the cylinder. The key literally does nothing. None of the wiring looks like it's been messed with and I cannot find any evidence that the bike has been hotwired, but you can kick start the bike and it will run regardless of the position (or presence) of the key! Off, on, key not inserted at all, it doesn't matter.

Without a diagram I can't figure out where everything is supposed to be getting voltage from without ripping the entire harness off the bike -- which I'm really hoping not to do!