Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2020, 10:59 PM   #1

Doh! Hawk bsr 250 ignition switch issues

Hey guys, New to the forrum. Just bought a hawk 250 and I'm having a little trouble with the starter switch. I am not a mechanic and I am learning as I go along. I'm able to kick start the bike with no problem. For some reason when I first got the bike I was able to start the bike with electric start no problem.But it kinda sounded like it was struggling to start even then. Then everytime I pressed the button on the first day of warning up it just got quieter and quieter. I checked the fuse and I saw it was blown. So I thought that was the problem. I went to the nearest autobody store got more fuses. Everytime I put one in it blew. so i stopped putting them in and checked all the wires from the solenoid to the headlights and they seem to be ok. Could it be the ignition switch? the solenoid? the starter relay? If you guys could help that would be cool. Explain it to me if I were dumb cuz I'm new to motorcycles. Sorry. I have a video linked.

Also I keep hearing this wiring noise coming from the starter motor, is that bad?