Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2019, 09:15 PM   #1

RX3 / NC250 gearbox issues.

Had this issue for more then a gear where it would jump out of 3rd to nothing or 2nd or 4th or 5th and bash around like crazy.
Stripped engine out and down and I cannot see any bad wear on the gears yet the fork for 3rd looks to have wear marks on it as if the grear can touch it.
Also the tabs on forks are very low so the raised part of finger is hardly or one fork not there at all.

I get the feeling this engine is a very early made (cases made 2009-07) yet bike is a 2014 from factory and sold in China.
There have been some minor changes in the shaft design and 1 being the big nut to hold sprocket rather then the big bolt.

I suspect it wasn't made perfect as China stuff often is and then it fails within a modest amount of time (15000 Km or so - if in fact real milage) and changing out to newer made more maturely manufactured stuff or just less wear stuff will solve the issue.

Anyone else in the world had this issue with 3rd jumping around to no drive or being rammed to another great?

There must be a hell of a lot of forced pushing the gears apart to force the fork to push into the drum and drum being forced to spin to another gear.