Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2019, 01:45 AM   #1

Jay's Hawk mods, including plug and play exhaust!

Yes folks you read that right, Pro Tork makes a CRF performance exhaust system that's fully compatible with the Hawk. The exhaust manifold flange is slotted to fit both bikes. There's a half inch of clearance for the airbox and more room above the clutch arm. It fits in the frame perfectly and the muffler bolts right on. You can literally install the system in 5 minutes without any modification. And the short fat can has a sharp snappy sound, nothing like the "other" performance pipe sounds. And it's the same price.

We also installed another stock cluster and slightly better halogen headlight, greased the rear axle bearings, and installed a "new" chain (more about the chain later ).

Then we shortened the brake pedal 1.25" so Jay's dainty little feet can reach it while standing on the pegs. 😅 Wasn't the best fab work I've ever done, but considering I was sitting in a wheelchair wearing shorts out on the porch, and it was so cold out I was shivering, I think it came out pretty good. And I got good penetration, alot better than the 2 factory tack welds that snapped right off when he laid it down.

We also discovered his footpegs are wider and have bigger teeth than the previous years. 🤔 A much needed improvement.

More to come tomorrow..
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 10-30-2019 at 01:56 AM.