Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #1

2019 Hawk 250 150 Miles Review

This bike has met my expectations. It is far from perfect it seems. I have enjoyed, however re-learning how to ride on this bike after a 20 year absence. I have picked up riding again just like I was riding a regular bike. This bike has been beneficial in not over powering me and giving a good jumpstart back into motorcycles.

The Pros:

* Price point: You gotta love a new motorcycle delivered to your door new at $1400.

* Styling: Excellent. It's sleek and is a head turner if you like that.

* Orion Power Sports did an excellent assembly job and the bike was in perfect condition when it arrived.

* Best of Both Worlds: Street and Dirt...Hypothetically speaking I could run from a cop through a field...not that I endorse that action or have ever partaken in it.

The Cons:

* Dissatisfied with the overall performance of the bike. I know there is a break in period. My idle is fine, but lacking consistent power. It is minimally cutting out and losing power in the powerband. I did the air box mod and have changed the spark plug to iridium.

* Getting alot of snap, crackle, pop in downshifting

* Speedo and Fuel gauge are a mess. Speedo just quit working today. Could be loose cable...havent checked yet. Fuel gauge needle is moving like its recording earthquakes. Pretty much useless. So going to pick up the digital cluster which will obviously be better.

* Will upgrading the carb and jets and fine tuning overall improve the performance to being satisfied?

Tags
break in, hawk 250 review, hawk performance