Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2019, 02:47 PM   #1

I'm too short! TT250 is too tall?

Is there a lowing link kit for the rear tire that works on the TT250? Can the forks be loosened from the clamps on at the handlebars and slid up to lower the front end as well?

The Story:

I finally walk into the dealership in Azuza yesterday to get a quote on a new TT250. About $2900 and some change in Los Angeles county. Very doable as that covers all dealership fees, tax and registration at the DMV.

Anyway, I go to sit on this beauty and I can't touch the floor. I can tippy-toe it on the right side, but I don't have any toes on my left foot or an ankle to bend down so my fake foot hung off the bike a bout 2 in from the floor. I am only 5'8" with a 30" inseam.

I can tell you that the 2 employees at the dealership were not very helpful and I was a little disappointed in the customer service. The one guy tried to get me to like the RX3 and the SG250, which are both pretty cool but not what I'm looking for. Same guy shows me a seat that was at least an inch lower, maybe more, but he wouldn't take the time to install it real quick and let me try it. % minutes tops to do this quick job. Neither one of the employee's were able to direct me to a lowering link and adjustment I could make to lower the bike.

I guess they sell so many bikes they just didn't care to put in the effort to help me and close the deal. Huge RED FLAG!

Is there a lowing link kit for the rear tire that works on the TT250? Can the forks be loosened from the clamps on at the handlebars and slid up to lower the front end as well?