Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2019, 05:22 AM   #1

Oh No Need fuel injection help (Faspider 150)

Hi.. I just joined and also put most of this info in my first post, to the new member/introduction area.

my Chinese 2008 "Faspider"/TMM 150cc EFI scooter. This is also known as a Garelli CityFour 150 for part number purposes.

This past winter was very cold and wet and the gas tank rusted inside. The filter sock was also split so all the rust worked its way through the fuel pump, pressure regulator, filter, injector (and fine silt even visible in the gas downstream of the filter!) Ran intermittently. So I replaced all those parts.

I've been chasing my tail due to intermittent no-spark and no-injection problems, and not at the same time. Checked power, grounds and all sensor inputs to the connector where it plugs in the ECU.

As an example, most recently I discovered that the engine was actually flooding. If I disconnected the plug to the fuel injector, after cranking a few seconds with the throttle wide-open, it would start and run, then gradually die as it leaned out. So I'd assumed the rusty pressure regulator was at fault. Just got one today, and still no-start. Didn't take long to determine that there are NO pulses at the fuel injector, just a dim test light with no flashes. Before that, I had good fuel squirts and the light flashed.

I can only assume that there are bad solder joints on the board, but it's potted so I can't tear into it (and only have basic hand tools and a multimeter here anyway).

Anyone know where I can get a good used Delphi MC21 1060 box?