Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #1

Orion Powersports Hawk 250 Experience - so far so good

I have been lurking here for a few weeks before pulling the trigger on a Hawk 250. I did a lot of research on this site for the least painful (best?) supplier to buy from. They all have about the same incentives plus or minus a free pair of goggles or such.
I finally settled on Orion Powersports for two reasons:

1. Although there wasn't very much in the way of experiences it seemed with the owners here, the few there are seem neutral to positive.

2. They offered free assembly and testing(whatever that means). For me that equals someone actually having unpacked and gone through all of the parts. I'm assuming that will mean they are all there (yet to be determined).

I have not received my bike yet, but let me recap the experience so far for posterity sake.

I ordered the bike on May 4. That was Saturday, so I knew that I wouldn't see any activity until Monday May 6.

On Monday, mid-afternoon I received an email asking me to call them regarding my order. I had received a call from a Texas number earlier in the day and didn't realize it was them. I called them and was politely greeted by a gentleman on the phone. He was pleasant and asked for my order number. The reason for the call was because my first choice of black was no longer in stock. This didn't surprise me since I had been noticing that most sites were out and I assume they all pull from the same inventory. Bad news, 60-90 days backorder. So he wanted to confirm my second choice of blue. They didn't have to do this, so I thought it was a nice courtesy to confirm.
Within one hour I received another email with a form to sign accepting their terms. I don't know if that is typical, but I signed and returned it. I received a confirmation email that I had returned the signed document.

On May 9, I received an email with an update showing that my bike was complete and was shipping via Fedex Freight from Texas with an estimated delivery of May 14 (today).

Ahhhh, now the fun of watching the bike make its way north to Michigan. Within one night, it traveled from Texas to Illinois, near Chicago, only 3 hours away. Then it had some weird weather delay even though there was no bad weather at all anywhere in the midwest at the time. But the delivery date didn't change.
At this point it was the weekend again, so no activity.

Monday May 13 brought some new movement to another location in Illinois.
Tuesday May 14 (delivery day) it shows up in Grand Rapids terminal (final stop)
Now what? Are they going to call? Or do they just show up with a box truck or a semi? I'm not sure what to expect as I have not received freight to my house before. I've also read on this site issues people have with liftgates versus pickup at the terminal.
I wait all day today....waiting for a call from Fedex, or my wife, that something was going to happen today. By the afternoon, I can't take it anymore....I call Fedex. They put me through to the local terminal. The lady there says that they will call me to schedule and puts me through to their scheduler.....no answer....ring ring ring.....grrrr.
I call back 30 minutes later.....no answer.....ring ring.....grrrrrrrr.

So now I wait. My bike 45 minutes away. No answer from Fedex. I guess I wait until they call.