Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2019, 07:17 PM   #1

Various scratches and what not - Uncrating Hawk 250

So Ive got the bike up on the lift and Im looking it over. I noticed a few damaged spots on the cardboard on the left side of the packaging. I noticed a scratch mark on the left passenger holy shit bar, and also some scratches on the frame down by the footpeg. Noticed the left footpeg mount is bent. Also it looks like the motor is shifted to the right...can anyone confirm if the left bottom case where it says HAWK is supposed to be straight so to speak, flowing with the bike (like other bikes), or does it have a little bit of an angle in front to back? Also noticed some dry spots near the starter where theyve missed powercoating. The alignment of the chain looks to be funky as well, perhaps that will be corrected when I flip the front sprocket. The tube from airbox to carb has a crease in it. Also it looks like the passenger footpegs dont sit flat, is that a common thing? Anyone else have to lightly grind the stopper to make them sit better? Any input is appreciated.

I wanted to let yinz know (if its been talked about before then my bad) those knock off Mikuni carbs are delicate. While taking out the longer stock jet to replace it with the bigger one, the freakin stock jet broke in half, stuck like Chuck in the pot metal. Im gonna return it and get another one.

Ive got the airbox and filter mod done. Ive got the LED lights in the headlight/tail light. Exhaust is off, I wish they didnt use those button nuts for the studs. They crank em on and its almost impossible to get them off, the left stud came unthreaded from the motor. Ive changed the fork oil. I didnt mod the spacer yet, I want to see how it performs w the (near 30mm) updated spacer first.