Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
I would take the plastic off and start where the line comes out from the tank, it's got to be something simple since there isn't much there to look at, the line into a shut off valve then to filter then into carb. That's it.
Yeah...I wish it was soo simple for all the fuel problems Im having. I took off both side fairings earlier and it started with them off then I noticed when putting the fuel filter side fairing back on that the fairing kinda traps the fuel line from the tank up between the fairing and either the throttle or choke cable...So maybe the pinch was there. As it was warming up I put fairings back on, careful to not pinch line, it was running great and I rode it a couple miles then parked it to cool off while I made dinner.

About 45 mins later it was mostly cooled down and I went to start it again, it started fine and I turned the choke off after 1-2 mins and took it for a ride again--usually I let it warm up a little longer but it was idling ok so I went for it. Then a mile or two from my house it stalled and didnt want to restart after numerous attempts--it would only catch for a few seconds and die -- so I pushed it under a street light and saw the filter was only half full of fuel again!

So i pushed it home to look at it rather than kill my battery fumbling in the dark. I got home and the filter was full of fuel again -- and I tried to star it and it fired right up sounded almost 100% ok but had a little funny sound when I revved it not sure if I was imagining a sound it was so slight. My bike seems to run on the lean side so I usually rev it for about 30 seconds so it wont stall on starting which is what i did and then it ran on its own a minute and died -- like it sounded like it was just running a little to slow to keep going --so i turned the stock screw on the carb one quarter turn right and started it again but it sounded like it wanted to stall so i revved it a little and I could tell something wasnt right like if I had to guess it was running extremely lean because even if I revved it to 3k rpms it felt like it wasnt making power--eventually i stopped revving it and it died. I looked at the fuel filter which was full. I tried starting it several times and nothing it only began to catch once or twice for a split second and wouldnt start.

I was happy when I took it for two rides, thinking I had fixed the problem until it stalled on the second ride when I let off the throttle to downshift. Now I am wondering if maybe i had a pinched line earlier and another problem now as well?
I dont know--its 10pm here and I will have to deal with it another day which I dont mind--as long as I get this issue fixed 100% soon!

Thanks everyone for replies!! I think your advice did help me find a possibly pinched fuel line. Not sure what Im dealing with now but thinking maybe if I took off the several vacuum and emissions lines then it would rule out possible air leak problems.

No one told me what was in the pictures I posted on this thread earlier. whatever that thing was that was sealing off a nipple/hole on my airbox--now it seems like it isnt an airtight sseal anymore for whatever reason--I dunno if it was made into the airbox for another enissions thing that my bike doesnt have or if Im supposed to plug somethoing like the tank vent that just goes to open air into it?

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me