Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #1

Head Scratching Couple Bikes in VT !

Hey y'all.

Been lurkin for awhile on the forums and pulled the trigger on a couple bikes for my girlfriend and I to work on while visiting some family in the North East. A TBR7 and a Hawk.

Got started throwing them together today and is went as smooth a fresh belt of 100 grit sand paper!! haha yeah.

My dad got the hawk together and was putting around the yard just making sure it runs and ate shit. Rung his bell a bit, broke the head light plastic and bent the shit out of the front tire. That's embarrassing !!

I on the other hand got the TBR7 together but before starting her up I replaced the carb with a mikuni vm26 tht I threw a 110 main jet in. Now for the life of me I can't get the thing started.

Seems like gas is flowing, plug has spark, battery has voltage. But it seems to not be getting fuel. Bike doesn't even sputter up and die, just never gets off the ground to begin with. I don't know really what else to do, I've taken the carb apart about 3 times now. Tried everything except the kick start.

Also, both of the bikes starters would cut off when throttle was applied while trying to start... is that a thing? No idea why those would be tied together at all.

Anyways, I'm sure it will all work out. I'll post pics tomorrow. Any advice in the meantime would be amazingly helpful!!

Thanks, everyone.

Johnny