Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2019, 06:07 PM   #35

Just spoke with SKI_Rush, and the new CDI boxes, and coil did not correct the issue. Please let us know what else to check or if there is testing that can be done at the coil for CDI plugs to determine the next step.

If we read voltage at the wires going to the coil while cranking would that help us? If so, is there a voltage reading we would be looking for? My Apollo Commander ATV has the AC style CDI, and I can try to test that unit to compare against if needed.

I feel comfortable saying the switch is good, His original coil tested the same as my commander, and very similar to the one in my Apollo bike.

He did send a video to me with the Multimeter leads hooked up to the wires going to the coil. While cranking the voltage looks to be in bouncing around the hundreds 300+, 200+, 100+, and it would read OL about every 1.5 to 2 seconds while cranking. Does this mean the CDI is sending the spark command to the coil?

I will also check my Apollo Commander tonight to see how it reads while cranking.

Douglass

Last edited by Douglass; 03-20-2019 at 06:50 PM.