Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #11

So yeah, just got back from the dealership. They're going to order the spacer and replace it under warranty. Well, technically I don't even think they're going to claim a warranty on it, it's a $3 part. Probably less for their cost.

I don't know how accurate this is, but the dealership says the bikes arrive fully assembled, and that the missing battery bracket and axle spacer aren't something they did. They insist they just rolled it out of the crate and onto the sales floor.

Running tally of warranty items or things wrong with the bike:

Warranty: Spacer missing from axle
Warranty: Battery hold-down bracket missing
Warranty: Rear cowling cracked at mounting bosses, and failed on the ride home. (appears to have been over-tightened)
Wrong: Bar ends loose, almost lost one on the ride home
Annoying: I had to adjust the throttle cable and mirrors myself, dealership should have but didn't.

Nothing mission critical was loose, just the bar ends. I can understand overlooking them. Seems cables and mirrors should be done by a good dealership, but again it's not a big deal to do it myself. The three major issues I've had appear to all be SSR's fault.

Also, the replacement cowling that came in was unfortunately flawed - the sticker was put on badly and was coming up at the bottom edge. Dealership sending it back and getting me a good one.

Charles.