Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2018, 08:28 PM   #1

My workshop bathroom/utility room designs

I'm planning to add a bathroom/ utility room onto my workshop come spring, weather permitting of course. These are my designs. I'll explain them in better detail.

Cheezy, if you have been pondering my crazy pics on Flickr, look no further. Here's a better description.

My plan is to do a simple bathroom with utility room capabilities. When I come in from riding motorcycles, I am usually covered in road goop and sometimes mud if I have been off road. My criteria are simple, run in type shower with no pan, no shower curtains, and no doors. The floor will be concrete like the rest of the workshop. The bathroom will get a floor drain. The shower will slope to it. Toilet, utility sink, hot water, and a place to wash gear will be useful. I own some mobile homes and I always have spare appliances, toilets, sinks, ect..

My first version came out like this. A bit too big. the plumbing would be a nightmare. I don't really need the dryer or a large shower. The shower is in a bit of a bad place to be a run in shower. I am a big guy and my home tub/shower is 22"x48". To narrow for my liking but plenty long enough. I went overboard big on the shower. I could take the SO in there with me. OOO LA LA.

My second version is much smaller and may be what I end up building. I got rid of the dryer, scaled back the shower size, and rearranged some things. The dryer needs a direct vent outside which restricted me to an outside wall with it. Also, I wanted as straight of a run as possible to my septic system for the plumbing. This smaller version allows the shower/floor drain to drop right into the 4-inch main septic pipe. The 4-inch pipe starts under the toilet. The water heater pressure valve will be plumbed around behind the toilet, along the bottom of the wall, and a 45-degree elbow on the end of the pipe will direct water into the shower/floor drain. The washer will pump it's water into the utility sink. The pipe for the sink will run directly into a 4-inch to 2-inch Y fitting. when the 4-inch sewer pipe clears the building slab, there will be a 45-degree turn and straight run into the septic system. The roof air vent for the septic system will be directly behind the toilet in the wall. The way I plan to run the cold/hot water plumbing, it can be drained back through the outside faucet and also out through the hot water heater. Anyone that's done plumbing will get it. I can't do plumbing diagrams on a PC.