Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
Interesting ideas. I've been considering taking the RX3 into areas that have coyote problems to do a little eradication shooting. I'd want the rifle quickly accessible but protected since there'd be a good chance of a tipover in the rocky areas.

We also have areas with feral hog problems, but I'm pretty sure putting my .50 BMG on the RX3 would be a challenge.
.50 BMG? For feral hogs? I suppose you want them already butchered when they hit the ground? Can't believe you actually find any pieces of a hog shot with a .50 BMG. Definitely don't waste your money shooting coyotes with a .50 BMG. I've found a .308 Winchester entirely adequate with a minimal breeze out to about 600 meters for coyotes, that's my other 40XB. Just shoot them in the vitals and let them wander off. They really aren't worth anything. Don't think I could handle the recoil of a 50 BMG. Hurts just thinking about it. Wonder what would be left of a ground hog if you smacked one of those with your .50 BMG?