Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
you know you tried a lot of stuff and keep having the problem.... the plunger has to go down as in the pic... and the needle has to go into the jet.. to seal it off... if it is too big for the jet.. or too high it sucks too much gas.... as I think you might know this... so where is the original jet that came with the carb... ??? the engine is getting too much gas ... does the needle fit into the carb idle jet??? and the cable is off... the idle screw is out all the way... then do this.. and see.. if the screw is not holding the plunger up.. and the thing starts up still and revs up... the idle plunger needle is too loose in the jet causing it to suck up too much gas,, move you c clip up all the way to the top... this will let the needle go into the idle jet more.. and cut off the excessive fuel.. you have to get the needle to cut back the fuel..
Followed the advice from above and put the #95 jet that came with the carb and bike started right up, let it warm up, adjusted the idle and runs nice right at 1200rpm`s. I left the clip in the middle grove though. It might actually be running a little rich but want to ride it for a bit before I make anymore adjustments. Thanks a lot for your help from everyone. (My question now is, why do people put bigger jets in and run great and mine wouldn't run at all with a larger jet?)

Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Last edited by Whisky; 09-23-2018 at 07:27 PM.