Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #1

TT250 Clutch cover stuck on dowel pin..Ideas please

Hi all,

My clutch plate replacement adventure begins, and in the spirit of nothing worthwhile being easy I'm already stuck

I have some ideas, but I'd like feedback from CR's more experienced people.

The cover bolts are all out and there is about 2-3mm free movement on the left hand side. I have been sticking my finger in the oil refill hole (fnarr fnarr) and pulling, but the right side remains fast on the dowel pin:

All of the bolts but this one were pristing. It's got quite bad corrosion, probably from the pin it passes through corroding:
[img]

Below this bolt hole the case is machined such there is an opening and a small lip, I think the purpose of these is to get a tool in there for situations like this. I tried a large screwdriver blade with a rag on it, but the metal is very soft and you can see it still marred it, so I gave up:

Where the tip of the 1/4" extender is there is a lip. I used a wooden brush handle as a driver and struck it with a hammer from the other side of the case, but all it did was split the wooden handle.

What I have tried:

• Pulling on the loose side of the case while tapping the right with a dead blow mallet. The left side is free and opens slightly.
  • Penetrating oil in the tiny gap where the dowel pin is.
  • Gentle heat from a torch around the casing blister where the dowel pin is.
  • A rag covered screwdriver prying in the machined gap before the mating surface starts.

My next idea is either using a flat-nosed drift or a socket with the extender coated in tape, and driving at the black protrusion just under the problem pin from the opposite side.

Any help appreciated.