Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #1

My new bike; Zongshen Sierra

I just bought this bike about a week ago.

I've been reading this site for a while and appreciate all the information available. Thought I'd post to say hello and maybe ask a few questions. I know most of the info on this site is related to the Lifan models and I'm not sure how similar these are (according to my manual it's a 200GY-2 but the engine, among other things, says Zongshen on it). This is also my first bike so some of my questions may seem stupid to the more experienced.

Cruising about 45mph the engine seems a bit busy. I'm not sure what the front sprocket is on this bike, but the back says it's a 46. I'm mostly using the bike for commuting, but will probably want to ride at around 50mph for stretches here and there. My questions is whether the engine should be able to handle riding at these speeds for 5-10 miles at a time with the stock setup. Without a tach I'm not sure if that would be running it too hard.

I've only got about 85 miles on the bike, but no problems whatsoever. Really liking it so far. Paid a little extra to get it from a local dealer so they could handle the prep work, but for the price I can't imagine a better bike for my current needs.

Thanks again for info you can provide, and I really appreciate all the info here. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to contribute more than questions.