Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #11

If there was a guarantee that ATV Discounter would honour their part of the agreement with respect to shipping the bike back, then it makes sense. However, in Porter's position I may have made the same choice.

Better a bird in the hand than 2 in the bush.

I've been through conflict resolution with E-Bay. It sucks and can take forever. They basically act as a disinterested intermediary as you fight it out with the vendor. Even if you fulfilled your part of the transaction the vendor can still retaliate with bad feedback (this is soon to change though).

If the vendor doesn't want to play ball you can very easily walk away with nothing. E-Bay price protection? It's a joke. I made a claim once on a $200 transaction. E-Bay/Paypal would only guarantee me $40 and that's if all other avenues failed. It took me 3 months to get my money back from the vendor, and that's because the vendor finally had a change of conscience. I believe most people eventually give up after getting tired of the waiting and lies.

I can't speak for Visa's charge back policy. However, I suspect if the vendor has already received their money this may prove difficult.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"