Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2018, 09:39 AM   #1

Thumbs Up 2018 TaoTao Rhino 250 Review

The quad runs perfect and I'm very happy. I have plenty of torque in 2018 model. Climbs perfectly with plenty of power. Im 6 250lb. Handles well and is nimble. Provides just enough flex and absorption. Shocks are good and the chain is heavy duty and hasn't budged. Rear shock and swing arm needed tighten after about 30 miles. Frame welds look like 8th grade shop class in areas but they all are sturdy. On the first oil change after break in, i noticed a normal or lower amount of shards on the magnetic drain plug. The plastics fit and finish left a lot to be desired and was a pain to line up and bolt down correctly. (only complaint thus far) The racks vibrate on top of the frame and that was little annoying. I placed foam door seal under the parts that rattled. I treat 93 unleaded with lucus ethanol stable and using lucus synthetic oil (must be broken in with natural oil) purrs like a cat with no smoke or sputter and is fast.. In general I would say they addressed outstanding complaints in this model. Anyone labeling these junk or not good are simply ignorant or pissed they spent alot of money, dont have a one or are riding around in a 15yr old rag tag they at the payed double for. I ordered mine from Texas Motor Sports off of ebay. I payed a little more then I should because I wanted trade assurances and good customer service after hearing inflated or exaggerated horror. I spoke with the gentlemen a few times on the VIA phone and email and he was concerned and respectful.

Tags
taotao rhino 250