Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #20

Carb Tune...

So after putting a few hrs on the engine, I need to dial it in- carb wise, then I think I'll swap the stator for a 12 pole full wave to get some more power... all those farkles plus my 45W headlight suck power. My voltage with everything on and 2-3K RPMs is only 13.2. Not optimal. Now wondering how I'm going to add heated grips...??? Or a portable mini fridge???

I've changed the main jet to a 110. Now trying to mess with an idle mixture screw that's almost impossible to reach and turn while the motor's running.

With the 98 main jet it came with, and the idle mixture screw out only 1/2 turn, it was popping a bit while decelerating, and the plug looked a bit white so I figured it was running lean. I turned the mixture screw out quite a bit. It still idles a bit rough and wants to die after about 10-15 seconds of idling, so I will fuss with the mixture screw some more and hope it solved the problem. Maybe raise the needle too??? The engine does seem to run well at higher RPM's. Overall, a HUGE difference in power than the old Honda 125 motor!