Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2018, 09:02 AM   #1

RX3 holding it's own against the big boys!

Morning,

This past weekend I attended an Entry Level Training class for ADV type riding here in NM. It was put on by West38moto. I have to say I really enjoyed the two days and learned a lot.

Of course I was the only one there with a CSC bike and received a lot of attention and some good natured ribbing. Out of the 10 participants and the three trainers the bike distribution went something like this:

6 BMW GS 1200's (both standard and Adventure models)
2 BMW GS 700's
2 BMW GS 650
2 DR-Z'
1 Triumph Tiger (Boy what a sweet sounding machine)

The little RX3 held it's ground and performed all the tasks assigned. The only time I dumped my bike was when I was showing off.(I made a spectacular get-off, too bad they didn't get it on tape)

One of the trainers, who has a GS 1200, was really impressed with the RX3 and thought it should have cost $10k, they were all blown away when I told him it was $4k delivered.

I finally came to the conclusion that I need to lower the gearing, the only real problem I experienced all weekend was starting off if the ground was anything less than flat.

All in all it was a great class and I highly recommend them if you're a noob like me.