Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #1

Best day ever/Worst day ever

went out on buffalo mountain (hatfield mccoy trails) yesterday, the bike was in top form and so was i.
i haven't been riding all that long so i'm not really that good... yet.
but yesterday was different, i was powering through the uphill switchbacks and sliding through the downhill ones like a pro. aligning the bike with the throttle, jumps, perfect gear changes and all. for pretty much the first time since i got it, i was KILLING it!!!
i felt completely at ease, even on the technical stuff. almost invincible, like i had finally gotten it down.

then, all of a sudden, it died... miles away from anything...
i checked my phone, no signal... i knew there was a verizon tower a few miles back, so i decided to try to push it close enough to get a signal. as luck would have it, it was stuck in the mud, and more mud all the way back.
so off i go, pushing it, stopping to rest every now and then.
if you have ever overworked yourself really, really, badly, you know how it can effect your stomach, you feel like you are going to throw up. so, i would push a while then stop, throw up, rest, repeat. this went on for about 4 miles... i finally get a signal to call the wife and my cousin, he gets my truck and heads up.
new problem... i know he can't get all the way to me... so more pushing is needed. around dark i finally see my truck in the distance, it was a thing of beauty for sure. (you have no idea how much)
we got it loaded and head out, stopping twice for more throwing up.

i made it home just after dark in one piece, but just barely.
i managed to take my bike out of there with me, and beat almost unbeatable odds... so now i feel invincible again... lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171124_134220.jpg (99.7 KB, 327 views)