Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #1

Bike build update , re-visited

Well, I started this BEAST today , and I mean BEAST . That is some tight compression on the current race Loncin motors man .
Pictures are tonight for sure !!!!!
Few kicks to get the oil and gas warm and it was off to the races, litterally . It was snowing here this morning so everything was very cold out in the garage including my oil on the shelf . Still fabricating spacers to fit the wheels to the suspension, but other than that, its alive man !
It feels sooooooooooooo good to know it got put together right and it runs right, and it runs strong too . Great feeling to do a build like this when it comes out right and runs like a raped ape too boot . No warranty per say on race motors and that is allot like a crap shoot to me, an expensive one . But, it runs strong, runs smooth and has ample power with the nice Mikuni 24mm carburetor and Mikuni 24mm intake manifold installed on the motor .
Got in the new Tires yesterday, intalled them onto the rims today , what a major ordeal it is to put tires on little rims ? Thats a new one to me and a major pain in my butt . Plus I scratched both rims , ouch, oh well, it's a dirt bike right :( . Casualties of war is what I like to call that
( scratches ), with my stupidity throwing out the friendly fire that caused it of course . I even used leather under all my tire irons per my normal carefullness, but they still slipped twice, two sctratches , ouch . I even have four irons ! Oh well.
I went with Dunlops D-756's for tires, nice freekin tires, nice profile, deep knobbies , profile is low and fat ! I figured if I am spending a couple grand plus building this beast, I am buying the best tires money can buy for what I want to do with the bike on my track that is . Yes you could spend double that on better Dunlops, but I don't race , nor do I want to replace tires on these little rims more than once a year . That is a nightmare without a real tire-changer machine. I am buying one this year for sure ! All I wanted was an aggressive tire that would blow mudd chunks into DirtyGirls88's face anyway, so I accomplished that I am sure with these Dunlops . Now what kind of Husband would I make if I wasn't able to splatter my girls helmet and goggles anwyay ?
As you will see from my photos tonight, I spared no cost whatsoever on this build, billet alluminum everywhere , race componants everywhere too . This thing is exactly what I wanted and saw in my vision prior to starting this project . Unfortuntely there wasn't a single person or company that could supply all the componants in one store , so shipping was very spendy . If you do it this way, allow for a few hundred extra dollars for shipping on top of your componant prices . I did buy many items off E-Bay, none used, all new though . The tires are from Oregon, and all nuts and bolts are local machine supply shop stuff , semi-hardened . A few parts are from a local motorcycle shop that isn't brand particular too . The only upgrade I amy do in the future, but i doubt it unless I brake them is the lever perches ? I don't forsee me breaking them though, I have never broke one , ever in my life ? I have broke many levers, but no perches . Probably because the pain of wrecking always kept me somewhat rational in my riding style . Independants always take care of thier stuff better than factory riders, thats fact .

I guess if it wasn't for Warrior91's and ChigongJitsus inspiration and input and comments on the pit-bike subject when I was looking for where to spend tax money , this whole build would have never happpened ? So, a big fat thank you are in order for you two . Thanks ! Although you helped me break my bank account too , thanks for that also .

It may not be YOUR color chioces and all on this bike, but you'll have a hard time not admitting its pure badd-mamma-jamma-motorcross stuff going on in this build for sure .

I hope to have the wheels on soon too, then I can actually ride this thing . It has been a long time comming, let me tell ya . It was allot like and still is like having a X-Mas gift you can't go out and play with or your short on batteries to make it work . Drives me nutts !!!!!!!! It was and is allot like building the Norton Commando when I di it years agao, I lived, ate, breathed motorcycle day in and day out till it was done . Same goes here on this pit-bike today, I live, eat breath this bike, daily, minutely , hourly to get it done, but it has taken a toll on me because I don't just slapp stuff together, so it has made me very patient in a impatient sort of way wating on parts, waiting on ideas to fabricate things through thier processes . A real test of ones inner sanity indeed not to rush through anything just because your chomping the pit-bike bit if you will .
The wheel spacers are to be machined thousands of an inch at a time to get everything centered and straight , so I cannot just rush through that process, but it is the only thing left to do and I am dieing here !!!!!
Especially after starting this beast this morning .
Oh the humanity ! 8O

Well, that's enough for now, pics tonight, I promise that much .

Later, Cheers, Kelly5150 out