Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #1

Doh! New very old Tao Tao 125cc

I got a taotao 125cc atv in trade for computer work. He said it had sat out for 5 years and his son drove it for about 5 hours and it would't start anymore so it remained parked.

So... I got it, replaced the carb and air filter, flushed the gas tank, changed oil, replaced the CDI, ignition coil and starter solenoid. I put a brand new battery in it and got it charged.
Here is a video of it running...

It started immediately first try. We drove it around the yard, used it for about a week. I put my son on it and was teaching him how to drive it.... he drove around the tree about 3 or 4 times and it died.(i think he hit the kill switch) and i didn't notice... and started trying to get it to start.... but it kept trying to start, but never did.... then i noticed the kill switch, and turned the kill switch to run and tried again.... and it didn't make a difference... so i assumed the battery was dead from trying...
I took it back in the shop charged the battery...
And nothing...still...
The break light comes on when you press it to start and when you press the start switch it seems to just dim a bit. No clicking, no sounds at all.
I tried jumping the starter with the brake depressed and it doesn't do anything...
What can I try next? not sure what to do voltage tests on? or what ?
Any help would be great!?

Tags
125cc, dead, junk?, no start, tao tao