Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Tonight I took the carb off and adjusted the Air Fuel Adjust on the bottom of the carb. PITA it is not slotted it is a half circle head.

I am not sure how far out I went but I am thinking around 2 - 2.5 turns.

The needle rod does not have slots so I ran to the hardware store a got two flat washers and put them under the clip.

It starts easier now and idles better. Seems more even up to 1/2 throttle when revving it.

I pulled the plug and it looks pretty white running way lean I am thinking.

It is raining so no road test

Getting better every day.

As far a breaking it in someone here said they where going to keep it under 3000 or 4000 RPM until 500 miles is that really necessary?

I have cracked it a few times to just see what it is doing at higher RPM did not stay at any high RPM for long.

I run it up threw the gears hitting probably 5500 doing it by ear mostly.

Comments?
I adjusted my fuel mixture screw out some to see if the bike would start easier and it did, but now now the bike it cutting out under over half throttle...I guess mine may have been fine to begin with, now I can't seem to get it back to where it was. All I did was adjust the screw out some, but I can't do it while it's running since the screw is impossible to get to without taking the carb part of the way off. I am going to order an easy adjust screw so I can do it with the carb attached since I can't get it right now.