Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2017, 11:31 PM   #1

New Hawk/No Spark

Just wanted to pass along a rather frustrating experience with a new Hawk. I got my own Hawk about a month ago, my brother took one look at and decided he had to have one too.

Got just about the last Hawk that Q9 powersports had in stock, it arrived without problems. I put it together, did the airbox and carb mods, slapped the plastic on and was ready to crank it up. Life was great, the thing went together without even the littlest hiccup.

Dumped some gas in and started cranking.... and cranking, not one puff of life. Pulled the plug and it was wet but it had no spark. Without going into great detail I ended up tearing the thing down to the frame to include pulling the tank. Starting at the front of the bike I checked every electrical connection I could find, even the ones that the obviously not part of the ignition.

To make an already long story short after about three hours I made to the back of the bike to the connections under the seat by the airbox. The larger of the two "boxes" has two connections, one was not fully clipped in. Snapped it in and the clouds parted and the sun started shining, we had spark and the bike fired right up.

I am far from the greatest mechanic around and there are guys on this forum that have forgotten more about bikes than I will ever know. Heck if had started at the back of the bike I probably would have found this pretty quick, but I thought I would throw this out there in case somebody runs into this problem. It might save them some time and prevent a few gray hairs....