Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2008, 01:18 AM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to 5star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Well first of all, I would like to restate that if you want to pick on chinese grammar, you should be more careful with yours... I mean, well, for example:
Quote:
That china comps call them hi-birds because they dont know a whole lot about nothing
I believe they call the bikes Hi-Birds, it has nothing to with Hybrids, the motors run on gas... Secondly, who thinks a Prius sounds mean?

Your LF200 III (or B?) is the model name that Lifan and American Lifan call it, GRX has nothing to do with them trying to sound like a GSX-R, it is because American Lifan is the only American company allowed to market the bike as a Lifan, the other direct importers HAVE to market them under a different name, GRX's come from Galata/Rabbit/maybe TMS, and Skygo is from Hooper. These are American companies, not "china comps".

It is common place to state that a model is a larger number for the displacement then it is in actuality, I have a Vulcan 800, it is actually 805cc, but quite often they are smaller then it says, in the detailed specs it likely lists the accurate displacement.

It is also common place for a lot of internet Chinese bike "dealers" to fabricate numerous parts of their ad. It isn't right, but a lot of them do it.
Well the cc thing i can see being off by a little. All comps round the number off. yamaha suzuki honda kawi exce. Lik 439cc they call a 450. or 397cc the ycall a 400. But calling a 400 a 450cc is a flat out lie. Actualy since i know the motor it is really 398cc. They would have had to have stroked and bored the motor to get to 450cc. I know what a 450cc suzuki and a 400 look like. Most chinees dealers flat out lie.