Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #1

Well Hell......

Got up yesterday morning and started chores, looking forward to Daytona Day. Just got done hosing out the ash vac I use for the wood and pellet stoves. Came inside and went to wash the hands....and the water pressure was low. I figured the Mrs was outside running water or something. Soon....no water. WHAH!?

Wells aren't rocket science. Had this happen once before. Ants love pressure switches and get crushed between the contacts, so I figured I'd go clean that out and we'd be good to go. Much to my disgust, the pressure switch was good and clean. No ants. Got 220V at all the poles. Head down the hill to the well. Maybe we popped a starter cap. It happens. Volt meter says 220V at the J box. Decided to replace the whole J box at the well that houses the cap and relay. Power on! No water........

Power to the pump...no water....probably a bad pump. Crap. Fortunately, it's poly pipe so I can do this myself, though it's a major pain being so deep. One last test. Whip out the amp meter....pump is drawing 6.2 amps which means it's most likely spinning! OH NO!!! I think my well dried up!!!!

This has now become expensive and out of my hands. Took the day off and the well guy will be here at 10:00. I hope I just missed something........

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350