Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2017, 10:19 PM   #1

A Re-Introduction

So last year about this time, I picked up a Bashan Blaze and joined up here. Unfortunately I started schooling in early summer to do a dramatic career change, and my poor Blaze ended up neglected and unridden for the most part (Less then 100 miles last year), working full time and filling the rest of my days with school left precious little time for riding.

I also didn't ride a lot because she suffered from a lot of idle and fueling issues that combined with the fact that I'm vertically challenged, and can't flat foot it and knobbies that make the handling a little questionable, I never got 100 percent comfortable riding it. Even with that said, It was a blast every time I took her out.

During the summer, my eldest daughter had been struggling learning to ride a bicycle with out the training wheels, all the while fawning over my Blaze every time she walked past it. So I told her that if she learns to ride compentently without training wheels before the end of summer, I'd buy her a small 50cc dirt bike to use in the yard (We have +- an acre of wide open area to ride in). Well I'll be damned, but she quickly became a pro on her bike.

Now that spring is near, I started looking at 50cc on CL as well as new thinking Japanese brands, and for fun I looked at the CBs since other then some carb issues, I've been pretty happy with mine. So I found a Coolster QG-210 70cc online and since my budget was 1000-1400, and the Coolster 350, I decided to get a Tao Tao Lancer 150, since the wife has been wanting to get back into riding, and it'll help me build my confidence on the street a little more as well.

On another note, I totally screwed up when I put away the blaze for winter. The weather was great last week end, so I gave it the once over, and found I hadn't closed the pet cock for the fuel. I pulled the plastics and the spark plug and gave it a kick, and sure enough, fuel in the cylinder. So a new plug and oil change is in the works. I also found that the throttle was seized closed and wouldn't turn. no binding on the cable, so I pulled the top cap on the carb, and it's filled with gel. Got a new Mikuni coming in tomorrow, so I'll pop that on with 30/110 jets. Other then that she's in good shape, so hopefully she'll be ready to ride next week.

Anyways, It's good to be back in the fold! And great to be tripling the stable!