Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackattack91 View Post
What do you mean riding it like a spot quad? If this makes for a better ride and handling, should this just be a routine thing to do on any ATV? Are there any disadvantages or negative effects? Should this be done only on the rear wheels correct. Can't do it to the front because of the drum brakes I'm assuming?
I think what he means is it puts more stress and leverage on axle/hub because it spaces the wheels further outboard. Kind of like with car wheels, if you change your stock wheels to something with a large positive offset (further outboard) it puts more stress on the wheel bearings. Using wheel spacers on atv's does pretty much the same thing. At least they come with the front end with a fairly wide stance. I had a little Kazuma 110 quad for my son way back in the day and the rear was fine, but the front end was way too tucked in making the bike really easy to flip over in turns. We put some wheel spacers on the front which made it much more stable, even though it puts added leverage on the hubs. I don't think anyone is launching off big jumps with these quads, the suspension is usually too harsh for that anyway so it's probably a pretty safe mod.