Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #1

Picking up a hawk 250 tomorrow, good or bad choice?

Hey everyone I'm new to this site and new to Chinese bikes. Quick background, I'm 23 have owned more bikes than cars and normally ride an R6 or gsxr. Like anyone I want a street legal dirtbike so I can do whatever but don't have 4grand to throw at another toy. I've been looking into these hawks for a while and decided that I'm going to pull the trigger and hope for the best. I've mainly seen nothing but good reviews on these bikes but wanted some more opinions from people that own them.

My intentions for the bike are mainly going to be street riding but I'll also be trail riding with my brother every now and then. I'm going to "break it in" stock and then start adding performance stuff around 300 miles. I know the oil in it is terrible so I'm picking it up in a truck and changing the oil immediately.

My only concern really is the reliability of this bike. I'm in Texas so it's always pretty hot and the weather is unpredictable. I know the engine is suppose to be pretty solid but I've read the electrical system sucks.

I'd love to hear anyone's opinion and their personal experience with the hawk so I can decide if I should get one or just keep my monies.
Should I get a Hawk?