Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #1

Hello from NJ

I grew up riding off-road motorcycles as a teenager and after thirty years, have a renewed interest in the sport. A few months ago I was researching dual sport bikes and came across the Pitster Pro LXR 250F. It's a liquid cooled, fuel injected, six speed competition motorcycle that I was able to get registered and insured for street use. I had no interest in just an off-road motorcycle and my whole intention on buying it was to get it registered to legally ride to and from the trails or make some short trips. The company is based out of Utah although the bikes are imported from China. I've seen quite a few Chinese bikes while doing research and none caught my interest like this bike. I've had it for two months now and have 226 miles on it so far. Unfortunately the weather's getting colder so I doubt I'll get much more time to ride before the spring. My only real concern is finding parts or having the availability to them. I wish I could say that Pitster Pro has been extremely helpful and informative but unfortunately that hasn't been the case so far. I'm hoping to make connections with other to find out what parts from other bikes might be interchangeable. I understand that the engine is similar to one made by CSC Cycles. I wanted to gear my bike a little taller for street use and need a larger front sprocket than the stock 13 tooth on my bike. CSC has a 14 tooth front sprocket which appears to be a match but was told that was their biggest. I ordered it and hope that it fits when it arrives. I'll keep you posted if anyone else has a question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PP LXR 250F.jpg (96.9 KB, 252 views)