Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #1

New member, first post, new tires and tubes question

Hey everyone...I've got an RX3 coming in a few weeks and searching the interwebs I found this amazing group providing awesome information.
I think I've gone on overload reading each and every thread but I wanted to be ready for when the bike arrives. Because I plan on doing a fair amount of dirt riding on the bike and the good info I think I'm going to order a set of 244s for the bike to put on once the break in period putting around on the road is complete. I'm going to put on the SHINKO 244 5.10-17 M/C 67P, FRONT/REAR on the back and the SHINKO 244 3.00-18 M/C 52L, FRONT/REAR on the front. I also wanted to put on some heavy duty tubes and keep the OEM ones as spares. I want to use the IRC TUBE 4.00/5.10-17, 130/90-17 (HEAVY DUTY), TR-4 for the rear and the IRC TUBE 100/100-18 (HEAVY DUTY), TR-4 on the front. From everything I've read I believe I am making corrected choices on the tires and the rear tube but I'm not sure about the front. This is the smallest heavy duty they make and the factory tire is a 100/90-18. Does the fact that the radius of this tube is 10mm higher make a big difference with the tube? I've been cycling (road, mountain, CX) for years and have mixed a few sizes in without issues in the past but with a moto we have the potential of going a LOT faster.
Any and all feedback is appreciated and thank you again for such a great resource!
Joe

Tags
tire, tube