Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #1

2015 Pitster Pro XTR 250lc

I bought a pitster pro 250 in may and I have over 1600km on it today. When I first got the bike, sadly the company I bought it from did not send me the book so it took me a few weeks to get the company in Utah to send me a digital copy.

For the break-in I ran it for about 900km highest about 80% throttle. The bike gets 100km/h and I took it up to the low 80s after 600km during the break in period, I hope that wasn't too serious.

Noticed unlike my Honda NX 250, this one doesn't have an oil filter. Just the screen at the oil plug. Was confused for a bit, but apparently some of these don't have oil filters? I just want to make sure.

I'm running 15w40 for the summer months. Since we don't get too many hot days here (Newfoundland Canada) I am wondering if i need to use such a heavy oil? I could not start the bike easily in May when I bought it home..

I like the bike so far, it rides good although the seat is a little stiff. I'm only 110lbs so I set the shocks all to soft and set the spring to its lowest setting to bring down the height a little.

Two things I've noticed that I'm wondering about:

When I lift the back tire, there is a little bit of play in the back sway arm, but its not at the main bolt holding it. It's on the bracket for the shock, towards the back and under the setup. Kinda like a TTR. I've been told by the dealer not to be bothered by this and I'm wondering if that's correct. They claim its because I have my suspension low.

Also, if anyone else can give me some tips, etc that would be great. I am wondering parts wise, what's what on the bike. I've been told the engine/frame is honda, but the sway bar and rear is suzuki and the suspension is KTM? It would be nice to know the comparable parts for the bike.

I live 2 hours away from the shop and can handle my own repairs as long as I know what to look for. I have the feeling the place that I bought the bike from will play dumb in order to get me in there to service the bike and pay the $$$. :(