Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #1

Frustrated with parts availiablity

I really like my Bashan Storm and think it is a nice bike, but the dealers are the ones that make this experience bad. I have contacted over three companies for parts and not one will call back nor answer emails. Why are they so inept? Its just amazing to me the world we live in which they are so fast to sell you a $1,699 machine and then when you service or help, there are crickets. Its just too bad. This is why these Chinese bikes get a bad wrap. Also, not one mechanic in the Minneapolis area I have asked will work on my bike. Its another reality that most of all our crap is made in China, yet these so called techs won't work on these bikes. I even asked the guy to just do a chain and he said he couldn't do it. I was like what kind of mechanic are you? A motorcycle one that can't install a chain?

I suppose I knew this going into this, the cheap price, lack of parts, service, so I have no one to blame but myself. That guy in Tennessee was awfully nice, but but his company has not contacted me back with my parts request. Not even MOTOBUYS. Heaven forbid I call another vendor like SAFERWHOLESALE. I'm sure its just they are busy with 10,000 other parts requests. There are people that have luck with these bikes and I get that, but there are some that have horrible luck. So far I have been one of the lucky ones, but there is still along way to go with these chondas.

I am considering riding this bike another month, paying my loan off, and then sell it and purchase a more name brand motorcycle where I would not have to deal with some of these parts/service issues. I have been looking to go all the way and just buy a BMW motorcycle. I will have to see at the end of the season. I am sure someone would pick this Bashan up.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Last edited by Skyteamst90; 07-14-2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: phrasing.