Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2016, 10:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
snippet from: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/und...rcycle-engines

By nature, all four-stroke engines require ventilated crankcases. The reason is twofold. First, when an engine is started or run at low temperatures, condensation takes place and fuel vapors migrate into the crankcase. These contaminants, essentially water and raw gasoline, mix with the oil to form engine-damaging sludge. Fortunately, once the engine reaches operating temperature the water turns to steam and the fuel remnants percolate out of the oil. As long as the crankcase is vented, either by the atmosphere or by using a positive-pressure system, these nasty byproducts are free to drift out of the engine and go their merry way without causing any harm.

With that in mind, combining it with the theory that our bikes are running too cool and possibly in need of a bypass it just makes sense to me there is a constant battle going on in the OCS with condensation and as Detours has theorized perhaps our OCS is becoming overwhelmed and some of the re-condensed fuel is dribbled back into the crankcase. My thought is by directly feeding this air/fuel vapor mixture to the airbox the suction will not allow time for it to re-condense and will be burnt up in combustion. . . . . . Thoughts ? ? ? ?
It sounds logical to me, but I'm not an engine...eer..

I have just completed an oil change this afternoon, and have eliminated the OCS.

However, I am returning to FL in the morning, and won't be back in NC to test it out for a few weeks.

jb