Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2008, 08:11 PM   #1

Chinese bikes VS. KTM Bikes

That's almost funny even typing it ?
After looking closely at KTM's the other day, Saturday to be exact, up close in person, sitting on them, they are beautifully made machines.
Worth $8,000.00 ? Heck no . Maybe $5,000.00 on a good day . Do you get what you pay for on a KTM ? No. That even came out of the dealers mouth . You pay alot for thier name and heritage he says. Not that they ever won any races till recently when they stole Japenese designs for thier motors and suspensions . Fact !
They are nice though . Parts are astronomically priced, high, just like there price-tag for the bike . Hope nothing ever brakes on yours OnceDead ?

Then there is the China bikes . You get what you pay for and more almost always . Cheap parts, and I can find them, how about you ?
Are they as good as KTM ? No way . Are you happy when you ride them ? Yes. Do you feel ripped off when you ride your $1,300.00 China bike you know is worth twice that ? Not even close .
Do you wish you had a KTM ? Heck no, I couldn't afford the exhaust bipe, it costs with Header more than my whole China Bike, Fact !
Will it outperform a KTM? Never .
Is it what I wanted? Yes it is and was and I would I buy another, and will !

I love it when folks try to compair two bikes that are not even in the same playing field ? It is as laughable as this post I just posted .
I guess that is the point I am trying to make . If you want a KTM, then go get one . If you want a China bike , go get one. They both are cool, but if you buy a KTM, a new one , your going to get ripped off . If you buy a Chinese bike, a new one, you are going to get a GREAT deal and pay exactly what they worth and then much more !
Now thats truth, and nothing to laugh about.

Cheers, Kelly5150