Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2016, 11:05 PM   #20

I got it home and put it on the rack in prep of the valve adjustment. I pulled the plastics and got the tank loose. No big deal. Then the fun started.

The upper radiator bolts are not easy to get at, especially the left side. Who in their right mind ran that wire harness right there, between the hose and the screw head. If I ever pull the hose, I'll re-rout it.

Even with the radiators loose, it's no easy task to get to the front valve cover like others have said. I ended up running a long wobbly in from the front. Anyway, I got the valve covers off and the motor on TDC so it's ready to set valves tomorrow night. I'm really amazed at how much stuff they cram in such a small area that you need to work around. I can imagine that half this schmise is gone on the carburated version of these.

While I had it apart, I pulled the tank float and as predicted, it was at about 65mm. I decided to lower it to 35mm instead of 30mm. I wanted an extra 5mm just in case. Gas stations aren't on every corner on Volcano. ;-)

Can't WAIT to get at those rockers tomorrow night! Should be plenty of cussing on the exhaust side.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350