Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #1

2006 LFGY-5 200. Needs a new clutch.

Hello and thank you for viewing my post. I bought a used lifan 200 off Craigslist. For the first few days it rode okay but the clutch was "odd" I've had many bikes before this. And it just felt different. I figured maybe it is just the China bike feel. But today I was riding in the woods behind my house and I stopped to hop over a small log. When I went to dump the clutch a little to pop the front wheel over it it just revved and didn't go. Pushed it home and started tearing her apart. I've done clutches before but on v twins. So I split the case and the clutch looks fine. Smells a bit burnt though. Put It back together with new valvoline motorcycle 10w-40. With the chain off I can put it in neutral. Stop the front sprocket and shift into first and I can't stop the sprocket in gear. The sprocket speeds up with the throttle like it should. Put the chain on and put it in first and it doesn't go anywhere. Just revs up. I am thinking I need a new clutch. Any opinions? Ive adjusted the clutch cable all the way in and out. No change. Sorry for the long post. Any input is appreciated. Thanks again.

Tags
200, gy-5, lifan