Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Ya know, we're all chompin' at the bit for our TT's....but I bet no where near the urgency of CSC wanting to start bringing in all that $$$ they have laying out for all of these.
I was thinking about this earlier. Considering they had to spend approximately $100,000 to certify EACH of their three motorcycles for EPA and CARB compliance, they've made a serious investment indeed. Obviously, they're not publishing their profit margins on the bikes, but even if they're selling them at a 5% profit, that'd take something like 500 RX3s or 1000 TT250s sold just to break even on the compliance issue. I hope the RX3s have been selling well enough to support the brand, since it seems like that's probably the biggest seller right now. We'll have to see how the RC3 does, since it's got stiffer competition in the 250cc entry sport level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
...and white is definitely the fastest. It reflects the light spectrum, hence, less friction.
I was thinking about this, too! Reflecting takes more energy away from the surface doing the reflecting, so the fastest color should be black, since it absorbs all of the light... Actually, if you painted any rearward-facing surface white and forward-facing surface black, that'd REALLY optimize your energy.

Current: CSC TT250